Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Buckling Down

I realize it's been nearly a week since my last post, and I apologize. Why does it always seem that once I get motivated to buckle down and study, real life creeps its ugly head and prevents me from doing what I need to do? It's downright annoying and frustrating sometimes...I wish I could disappear for like a month, and study all the time until I get my target score.

I finished the diagnostic test in OG11. I got Average marks for Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency (which I expected), Excellent on Sentence Correction (17 out of 18...a definite surprise there!), and Above Average in Reading Comprehension and Critical Reasoning (first one I expected, but the AA in CR was a bit of a surprise). Some of that gibed with my Manhattan GMAT scores, but things like SC and CR were much higher. Maybe the rumors are true, and Manhattan GMAT isn't a good representation of a score. This weekend I'll be taking another practice test, and I should see some improvement based on my last test (which seems like ages ago!).

It's still crazy to check out the BW forums and see people still languishing on waitlists and wondering about their status. It makes me wonder about my own future status...lots of questions pop up. Will my undergrad GPA kill any chance I have? Will I meet my target score on the GMAT? Are my EC's enough (about one year volunteering at the Humane Society), and if I start more, will it look like I'm just doing it for acceptance? Is my work experience facsinating enough when compared to people working in PE or MC? Will the Cleveland Indians ever score some runs!?!

2 comments:

Mo Zhou said...

competitive year huh? I wish too that I have a perfect application package. But, it has been drive me nuts. So... I'm just going to work on things I have control over and not worry about things I can't control.

takuem said...

Good luck to you, and thanks for stopping by. Just a tip... RUN from the BW forums. Everything I learnt there was useless and the process of going on the forums is good for nothing but making you feel terrible about your profile. I hope you do well this year.

Cheers!